Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Where are we running to?
One of my very best friend's Angie, met with me for breakfast this past Sunday and we were of course talking about my training with TNT. She said, "You know when I see people running, or meet people who are runners, I am always tempted to ask: Where are you running to?" She was talking about the drive, the addiction to running that avid runners often talk about. Well, I haven't figured that out yet. I mean during training we run around the park...IN CIRCLES!! So...yeah. I wish I knew. The head coach says that the first 5-6 weeks of training will suck, and then it gets worse! Way to sell it coach! Actually, I am getting the feeling that it will get better. Somehow, someway I have convinced myself I can do this. That is, of course, until Jason printed out the map of the course we will be running in SanDiego-NOT HELPFUL! We have to run a LONG WAYS! And let us not forget it is in San Diego. Not NYC. Therefore, I HAVE to fininsh the run. If I stop at anytime I won't know where I am! And thank goodness there will be other people running it ( THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE, mind you) so I guess that makes it easier to know where we are running to...I hope. What am I thinking!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment