Hi Everybody!
It's been awhile since I updated my blog. I apologize. Between battling colds, training, and the holidays...it's been insane! I am sure you understand. Since I last wrote, I have come $160 from my goal! Woohoo! Thank you to those of you have already donated! To those of you who are waiting...please consider doing so sooner rather than later!
That being said, I have been busy fulfilling my role as honored teammate. Most recently, I was the key note speaker at our Connection to the Cause brunch for the participants of the Walt Disney Marathon. It's a bagel brunch where we listen to the stories of coaches, honored teammates and other participants and why they are involved with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. My talk included my initial diagnosis, treatment and life support recognition-those who helped me through. It was a life-affirming morning and a kind of pep rally for the runners and their fundraising effors. I just heard a rumor the other day that this particular season may be a huge recording breaking season for Team In Training's New York City Chapter. I will keep you posted.
Running is going good. No injuries..knock on wood. In fact, I ran the 3 hour practice over the George Washington Bridge into Palisades State Park with a great deal of energy! What a difference from last season! The most valuable asset I had that day was my teammate and running partner, Ally Gibbs! She and I take it slow and steady...the only way in my opinion, to keep moving on your feet for 3 hours!!
Only 5 weeks to go and...life is good. Please help me continue to raise and pass my goal. It's about what we all look for over the holidays and into the new year- a place to make a difference, family, life and memories...Help me and my teammates make this a RECORD BREAKING-LIFE SAVING SEASON EVER!!
DONATE NOW AT :
www.active.com/donate/tntnyc/sblack
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment